Tuesday, May 8, 2012

You are your disease sketches

The Duke and Duchess of Codine
Prom Night


I am so ridiculously excited about these sketches becoming paintings that I must be on a manic high at the moment. I cane up with these sketches today during my therapy group session. I am constantly reminded by media that I'm faced with having to submit to certain pharmaceuticals and let them become me or I can't live a normal life. I'm creating portraits that personifies medications which dehumanizes people to an extent because for example someone like me has to take on these medications of certain parts of my life would not be possible. Yet, at the same time I have to remember it is me to avoid complications with other medications.

 Or something like that.... anyways I cannot wait to paint the Duke and Duchess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't drink the Kool-aid, post responsibly.