Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lil' Miss Children's Tylenol

I've been working on canvas board that I have laying around the studio for a few paintings. I forgot how i prefer to work in watercolors on these things. They just work much better.

OKay here is the low down about the next few paintings. I'm taking a stab at horrible school pictures of childhood and the medicines I had to endure. Lil' Miss Children's Tylenol is sitting on one of fake benches with the horrible fountain background. I really hated children's tylenol in any form, especially the liquids and the chewables, I still shiver from even thinking about the taste of them.

Anyways I have been watching a lot of documentaries about medicated america, and the one that stuck out most recently to me was Generation RX, about over medicating out children with psychiatric drugs. Sooo... now I'm going to make a few paintings of children in bad school pictures as their childhood medications.

1 comment:

  1. wow. The idea behind the paintings is amazing. You know what I hate? Ventolin. I cannot stand its taste and I had to take it almost all the time when I was a child. Bleh.

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete

Don't drink the Kool-aid, post responsibly.